Sunday, February 19, 2017

Cheryle St. Onge

             Cheryle St. Onge was born and raised in Massachusetts. She received her MFA from Massachusetts College of Arts. She creates most of her images with an 8x10 camera, and most of her images are black and white.

              Cheryle has done several series of photos, all seeming to have a theme of childhood, nature, and curiosity. Cheryle’s images speak to me because they bring me back to my childhood. Her use of light and casted shadows are things that I am easily amused with, and always have been. I remember looking out the window of my grandparents’ house and staring at the ceiling of the porch outside, where the pool was casting glimmering shadows. There was nothing I loved more than exploring with my friends, and finding creatures and curious things like spider webs or pretty rocks or some weird looking berries. I really enjoy Cheryle’s ability to bring memories of my childhood to the surface of my mind with simple images of little things. There is something calming and yet exciting about her work. It makes me want to grab my camera and go outside! 




http://cherylestonge.com/natural-findings

No comments:

Post a Comment