Friday, March 2, 2018

Lauren Semivan

Lauren Semivan creates abstract images with her 8x10 camera. She sets up her images in a studio-situation. She uses herself as a prop sometimes, and she uses other objects as anchor points. She also uses string to create lines, and fabric, and paint. Lauren attempts to create images based on her emotions and feelings. One of her series, in black and white, is called "Pitch". Lauren attempts to create images that look like sound. I think she does this very well. The different directions the lines move cause the eye to move around the image, and it evokes a sense of music. I really appreciate Lauren's process in creating these scenes. I would like to try to do something like this myself. I also appreciate the ay that Lauren tries different processes for her series'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment